Manushi Chhillar is the Sixth Indian to have won the title of Miss World 2017. As soon as I heard the news that India lifted the title of Miss World 2017, I couldn’t believe my ears. After such a long time, this moment has come to the country.
It’s a moment of pride for the country when an MBBS student who hails from Haryana, Manushi Chhillar was crowned as the new Miss World 2017. The honour has been won by the Indian girl after 17 years and every other girl from India is filled with pride. The ceremony of Miss World 2017 was held at the Sanya City Arena in China on November 18, 2017.
I am sure, it was not an easy task for Manushi as she had to fight hard to win the crown with 108 participants from different countries and she succeeded the title from Miss World 2016 Stephanie Del Valle of Puerto Rico.
# It’s been 17 years when Priyanka Chopra last won the title of Miss World. Now Manushi Chhillar is crowned as the sixth ever Indian Miss World.
#Manushi beat Miss Mexico who stood as 1st runner-up and Miss England who stood as 2nd runner-up in the competition of Miss World 2017.
# Manushi became 67th Miss World and also lifted the Beauty With Purpose award.
# In the last round, Juri asked Manushi:
To this, she replied: “I think a mother is of the highest respect. I don’t think it just about cash but love and respect she gives to someone. She is the biggest inspiration in my life. A mother should get the highest respect.”
# Manushi is a medical student studying MBBS born to the Doctor parents in Haryana.
# Miss World 2017 took the part in Femina Miss India in June 2017, won the competition, and became Miss India 2017.
# She before facing the competition had to go through really tough training and special diet and here’s the result.
# Earlier only 5 Indian Reita Faria, Aishwarya Rai, Dayna Haydon, Yukta Mukhi and Priyanka Chopra won the coveted crown of Miss World.
1. Reita Faria was the first Indian who won the International title. In 1966, she was crowned as the Miss World but chose not to follow the path and continued her medical field.
2. Aishwarya Rai was the second Indian to won Miss World crown in the year 1994 at the age of 21 years. She chose to follow the career of the limelight and became a Bollywood actress.
3. Diana Haydon, the third Indian girl to win the Miss World title in the year 1997. She tried her luck at being an actress but failed.
4. Yukta Mukhi was the fourth girl from India who wore the coveted crown of Miss World in the year 1999 at the age of 21 years. She also tried to make her career as Bollywood actress but couldn’t.
5. Priyanka Chopra won the coveted crown of Miss World in the year 2000. Like the other Miss World from India, she chose to make the career in Bollywood and now stands at the reputed position not only in Bollywood but also in Hollywood.
The 20-years-old Manushi Chhillar won the coveted crown and made Indian once again proud after 17 years.