‘No one writes like him’
I consider myself a poet first and a musician second. I live like a poet and I’ll die like a poet. This is what the man who effortlessly bridged the gap between music and literature has to say.
I remember how I fell in love with Dylan and his artwork that endures my heart and my head for him forever may be ‘Forever Young. (Those who have done Ph.D. in his life can know what is ‘Forever Young’. Well, it’s his song) Might you think it is over dramatic but no, this is what his words made me?
Well, we are in an age that believes books and poetries can bring revolution and give major influence to the world. But, Dylan proved us wrong many years ago to create the music which no one other can ever create or think.
And, surprisingly he got Nobel Prize, not for his sense of music (as he is far from the ideal singer but his talks have the power to hold you tight) but for the literature. He is so perfect in writing that’s why his songs are read as much as they are heard.
So, without wasting so much time on the intro, read Dylan quotes below:
1. “Behind every beautiful thing, there’s some kind of pain.”
2. “I accept chaos, I’m not sure whether it accepts me.”
3. “Don’t criticize what you can’t understand.”
4. “The future for me is already a thing of the past – You were my first love and you will be my last”
5. “And I’ll stand on the ocean until I start sinking.”
6. “Sometimes it’s not enough to know what things mean, sometimes you have to know what things don’t mean.”
7. “People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent.”
8. “No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky.”
9. “I gave her my heart but she wanted my soul…”
10. “You can never be wise and be in love at the same time.”
11. “It frightens me, the awful truth, of how sweet life can be…”