“Follow before and after Holi”
Hello friends! Apart from having masti, delicious food and drinks, ensuring care and safety are more important.
Most of us love playing with colours on Holi but forget the fact that how colors can irritate your skin and ruin your hair. Well, we are not saying or stop you from playing the Holi. But, before going to play here are few useful tips for skin, hair and eyes that you need to keep in mind.
So, scroll down to read the complete Holi guide to ensure your safety:
- Oiling is best to protect the skin from damage and colors full of chemical ie.e use coconut oil, olive oil, or Vitamin E oil on your skin before playing.
- As we play in hardcore sunlight, don’t forget to apply a waterproof sunscreen all over your body
- People tend to look for Holi party but we suggest you not to wax, thread, or shave a day or two before playing Holi because your skin might get irritated easily.
- After playing, use a mild soap to wash off the colors then moisturize your skin with a heavy moisturizer.
You can also make ubtans to get rid of colors.
- Oiling is not only good for skin but also keep your hair healthy, an hour before to start playing with colors, massage your hair and scalp with oil.
- A few drops of lemon juice with hair oil is good to stop irritation of the scalp caused by colors.
- Avoid making fancy hairstyle or keep hair simply open it will damage it more. So, tie your hair in a bun or plait it.
- Once the excess color washes off, use a clarifying shampoo to wash your hair.
- After playing wash your hair properly with a mild shampoo and apply conditioner or you can also use a deep conditioning mask.
- Use herbal colors. The harsh chemicals in normal colors can damage your eyes.
- Wear an old pair of sunglasses. It protects your eyes from the dust and colors.
- Water for rescue: Drink a lot of water before and during you start playing, as you can get dehydrated easily.
- Avoid wearing heavy fabrics like jeans instead wear some old clothes.
- Care your nails by wearing the dark shade of nail paints and also apply the double coat to make it better.
- Don’t forget the lips. Use lip balm or good old Vaseline to protect it from colors.