“Hoping that it injects a hearty dose of beauty”
We’ve all known her, the famous author of ‘I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings’. The lady who has a gorgeous soul that has the power to inspire people from all around the world. What a lot of people don’t know is that she suffered from abuse but rose like a frigging phoenix to become who she wanted to be.
She was one of America’s most beloved and celebrated poets with dozens of awards and over 50 honorary degrees. Maya Angelou’s words on love, life, courage and especially for women is the proof of her excellence.
Let these 10 beautiful quotes by the woman herself inspire you:
1. Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
2. If you’re a human being, you can attempt to do what other human beings have done. We don’t understand talent any more than we understand electricity.
3. I am grateful to be a woman. I must have done something great in another life.
4. Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.
5. Stand up straight and realize who you are. That you tower over your circumstances. You are a child of God. Stand up straight.
6. I got my own back.
7. Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.
8. I’ve learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.
9. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
10. Determine to live life with flair and laughter.